Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving Recap

WOW, it is already 5 days after Turkey day, it is hard to believe that it came and went that fast! We had a great Thanksgiving this year, we enjoyed some good cooking by Christine's mom at her house (it would have been impossible for us to have it at our house, considering our kitchen is out of commission still :-( ). The kids really enjoyed themselves, they got to eat at the big kid table with their GiGi, what a treat!
I was home for 4 days with the family and got to spend quality time with everyone. We all went to Skyline drive on Saturday to spread my Grandmother's ashes (she passed away back in June). We spread them in the same spot (at least we think it was) that we spread my Grandfather's 16 years earlier. The kids did really well, they all spread some of her ashes. I know that they are too young to understand what we were doing, but for some strange reason, I think they may have understood some. I am so proud of them, sometimes I think they are much older than what they really are.
There was no work done on the kitchen during the holiday, but Christine's dad was back to work yesterday and made some serious progress. Hopefully it will not be too much longer until we are finished!

No comments: