Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I want to see Mommy!

So the past several nights, Maris has been pulling this little stunt right after we put the kids down to bed. She is quietly getting out of her bed and wondering around the house. I have found her in her brother's bathroom, our bathroom, sitting at the top of the stairs, downstairs in the play room, and last night after the 4th time of getting out of bed, I found her standing in the middle of the kitchen (of all places). When I asked her what she was doing, she said that she wanted to see Mommy. This is her way of saying that she is not tired and she does not want to go to bed. Every time I find her around the house, this is the answer that I get.
I do not know what to do, I have tried asking her to be a big girl and stay in bed for Daddy. She tells me that she will be a big girl and stay in bed for me, and then 5 minutes later I find her wandering around the house. I have taken an even more subtle approach of just picking her up and kissing her and telling her I love her an put her back to bed. I have also told her that if she gets out of bed again I will shut the door (except she knows how to open it up). The only thing that seems to work (and I do not like having to do this) is telling her that if she gets out of bed again she is going to get a panking (that is what she calls it). This does seem to work, but Christine and I do not like it.
What to do, what to do........

No comments: