Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Good Listening



For Christmas, I got a new CD that is well worth sharing. It is by Wes Tucker & The Skillets, titled "Beauty in the Broken". I know what you are thinking, can it be good if it has the word skillet in the band's name? Do not be fooled by the quasi silly name of the band, they are for real and very legit.
I am not sure how I came across this band, but I am sure glad I did. According to the band's web site, they shift from folk rock, to funk, to gospel, to soulful ballads in the space of a set list, drawing comparisons to artists like Ben Harper, Jack Johnson and Bob Dylan. I am a huge Ben Harper and Jack Johnson fan, and would put them into that category with a definite dash of Bob Dylan like folksy flare. They are from the Washington DC area, so if you get a chance to check them out, you will not be disappointed!

No comments: